For Band students, music supplies and instrument rentals/purchases may be obtained from the following stores in our area. It is advised you phone ahead to determine hours and availability.
5025 Kanan Rd.
Cyndi Hall’s Music Studio
Music & Arts
(Formerly Musician’s Depot)
30839 Thousand Oaks Blvd.
Musician’s Brass and Woodwind
2432 E Main St
- Parents are responsible for providing an instrument and book for their child. Students will be using Sound Innovations Book I for Concert Band. (See below for links to buy)
- The appropriate care kit for your instrument is recommended and will help keep it in working condition.
- A music stand for practice at home is also strongly recommended.
- Percussion players should rent a percussion bell kit.
- It is important that you rent or purchase a high quality instrument, as they are less likely to have problems. Major brands include Yamaha, Selmer, and any of the many brands sold through Selmer.
Instrument Care Items
- Flute: A cleaning rod (usually comes with the flute) and a cloth to clean the inside
- Clarinet and Saxophone: #2 clarinet reeds or #2 saxophone reeds (box of 10), cork grease and a cleaning swab (clarinet or saxophone)
- Trumpet: Valve oil and slide grease
- Trombone: Slide oil or slide cream with a small spray bottle of water
- Percussion Kits should already come with everything you need: a stand, the bells, a drum pad, drum sticks, and mallets
If you want to buy the book online, use the links below for your instrument.