For Band students, music supplies and instrument rentals/purchases may be obtained from the following stores in our area. It is advised you phone ahead to determine hours and availability.
5025 Kanan Rd.
Cyndi Hall’s Music Studio
Music & Arts
(Formerly Musician’s Depot)
30839 Thousand Oaks Blvd.
Musician’s Brass and Woodwind
2432 E Main St
FOR ALL BAND STUDENTS
- Parents are responsible for providing an instrument for their child. View the store info listed above.
- A music stand for practice at home is also strongly recommended. Affordable options are available at stores or through Amazon.com.
FOR BEGINNING PERCUSSION STUDENTS
- Percussion students will be using the book “Sound Innovations for Concert Band, Bk 1: A Revolutionary Method for Beginning Musicians” (blue wave on the cover). Please get the “Combined Percussion” version.
- Percussion players can choose one of these options:
- Rent a percussion bell kit (Includes a drum pad, metal xylophone/bells, sticks and a stand)
- Purchase a set of drumsticks and a drum pad (Students will also need access to a piano, keyboard, or digital piano app)
FOR BEGINNING CLARINET, SAXOPHONE AND TRUMPET STUDENTS
- Please go to hillcrestarts.com or contact Janine Delwarte for more information. (818) 429-0324, email@example.com
Instrument Care Items
- Flute: A cleaning rod (usually comes with the flute) and a cloth to clean the inside
- Clarinet and Saxophone: #2 clarinet reeds or #2 saxophone reeds (box of 10), cork grease and a cleaning swab (clarinet or saxophone)
- Trumpet: Valve oil and slide grease
- Trombone: Slide cream with a small spray bottle of water
- Percussion Kits should already come with everything you need: a stand, the bells, a drum pad, drum sticks, and mallets
Book (for Michelle Hagen’s classes only)
If you want to buy the book online, use the links below for your instrument.