The Beginning Percussion program is a parent paid program presented through the cooperative efforts of the Arts Council of the Conejo Valley, CVUSD and the Conejo Recreation & Park District.
Open to students from all CVUSD schools and the SHINE program.
Tuesdays & Thursdays
11:15 – 11:45 (Cohort B)
11:50 – 12:20 (Cohort A)
Virtual classes on Zoom
Band concert script!
The program fee is $185 for each session. You can pay in full or make four payments of $46.25. In cases of financial hardship please fill out a digital financial aid form when you sign up for the program.
Visa, MasterCard, or American Express may be used to pay tuition in one of two methods:
- Go to michellehagen.net/register and choose your program to register.
- Call The Arts Council at (805) 381-2747 to charge by phone.
FOR BEGINNING PERCUSSION STUDENTS
- Percussion students will be using the book “Sound Innovations for Concert Band, Bk 1: A Revolutionary Method for Beginning Musicians” (blue wave on the cover). Please get the “Combined Percussion” version.
- Percussion players can choose one of these options:
- Rent a percussion bell kit (Includes a drum pad, metal xylophone/bells, sticks and a stand)
- Purchase a set of drumsticks and a drum pad (Students will also need access to a piano, keyboard, or digital piano app)